Shooting Barricade (Read 2733 times)
Stonewall
YaBB Newbies

Speed is fine, accuracy
is final.

Inside your OODA Loop.
Shooting Barricade
Dec 19th, 2009 at 4:39pm

While at CATM school in 2008 I picked up Kyle Lamb's book Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login.  Basically a bible to the combat carbine.  On page 121 the specs for the "VTAC Barricade" are illustrated.  I highly recommend the book but if you don't want to buy it I've gone ahead and drafted a .pdf page with the specs.

I've used it for almost a year now and a lot of people have enjoyed the challenges.  As Kyle Lamb says "we do not live in a prone world".  The barricade allows you to use a variety of shooting platforms.

Here is a youtube demo video by Kyle Lamb.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login (70 KB | )

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Ice_Pirate

"Slow is Fast, Fast is
Slow"

Aurora CO
Re: Shooting Barricade
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 3:29pm

Now that's a great drill!  Interesting barracade.  I did notice while they were shooting, even with 3/4 ply, it's a little shaky on the upper end.  I think I'd add an additional 2x4 brace up there.  Other than that, it's a great design.  I especally like the lower holes, it gets you thinking about way's to shoot low when you are shooting a tall rifle.  Between the vertical fore grip and the 30rd mag, you have to think about rolling the rifle over on it's side to get that low to the ground.  You just have to make sure you don't end up with your butt sticking out from cover. Shocked

Gonna have to pick up a copy of that book.  Thanks for the links.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print