M203A2 (Read 1935 times)
Catminstructor
YaBB Newbies

Combat Arms Training &
Maintenance!

Delaware Air National Guard
M203A2
Aug 7th, 2013 at 9:21am

Has anyone had problems with the M203A2 detachable coming unclipped while firing?

TSgt Robert Andrews&&CATM Manager&&Delaware Air National Guard

IP Logged

CATM137

Love the Red Hat!!!

Re: M203A2
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 12:50pm

Had it happen once, a dumbass cop decided to mount it and put the Shim in the incorrect position and forgot to "lock" the release button by rotating it (our CA instructor didn't catch it). Luckily no incident came from it (it fired then "dropped" off the barrel) but good lesson learned; since then we have always verified the quick release prior to shooting.

IP Logged

Catminstructor
YaBB Newbies

Combat Arms Training &
Maintenance!

Delaware Air National Guard
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 3:22pm

The reason I put this out there was we had sustainment training this year. I personally installed the M203 A2 with the shims in the correct position. When the cops were training the barrel fell off after the first shot. Their CATM section said I put it on incorrectly. On further investigation I found out it was missing the shim. Hmm how did that happen?  Shocked Of course noone admitted to messing with the weapon. Typical. Lips Sealed

TSgt Robert Andrews&&CATM Manager&&Delaware Air National Guard

IP Logged

IcecoldJV
YaBB Newbies

Combat Arms Instructor

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2013 at 4:55pm

I realize that I'm a little late on this one.... while I was deployed last year we had this happen twice, both of which ended with the receiver being damaged beyond repair. Not sure why this is happening, I was not there during the incident, nor did I install the M203A2 personally. It seems there may be something wrong with the locking mechanism for the quick release bracket.... If anyone has a fix for this, or if there is any guidance about this please let me know so that I can keep that in my knowledge bank. Thanks

IP Logged

Nevermore
YaBB Newbies

Combat Arms Training &
Maintenance!

St. Louis, MO
Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2014 at 4:20pm

We have a quick release bracket that the latch has worn/spread open after several years being mounted.  It will stay latched for a shot or two then pop open.  The entire latch assembly will need replacing.  I don't think it is a very good or durable design.

MSgt Robert Ravens&&Combat Arms NCOIC&&932 SFS/S4C&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print